My Passion is to support women (and a few brave men) in releasing emotional weight so they can step into their purpose, passion and the life of their dreams.
In my 40's I found myself well over 200 pounds, depressed and miserable. I hated my job, my body, my life. I know I was a horrible role model for my two daughters but felt hopeless and helpless. I knew something had to change.
Even though I’m a nutritionist, a registered dietitian to be exact, I'm ashamed to say that I couldn’t stick to a diet or food plan for long, and each failure just made me fatter and more miserable. After being diagnosed with high blood pressure and being put on medication in my mid-forties, I was scared enough to be able to lose enough to get off the meds by sheer willpower and cutting sugar out of my diet for awhile. I went from bursting out of my 18-20’s to squishing into 16’s. It was an improvement, however, I was still unhappy.
Fast forward to 2009, I found EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) on a web search for more diet information. I started playing around with this silly looking modality and had a few interesting early wins. Eventually, I was hooked and realized that possibly I had finally found a tool that would help me feel better both emotionally and physically. In January 2012, I trained and became certified as an EFT practitioner and even did a 5 month intensive training specifically in using EFT for releasing emotional eating. It was during this time that I released another 20 lbs while releasing tons of emotional weight.
Today I inspire, encourage and empower women to step into their own passion and dreams. I don’t focus on weight loss because my clients gain so much more from our work together. They release their old emotional weight and find self-love, self-connection, self-approval, joy and their own voices maybe for the first time ever.
Ruthi is a certified AAMET EFT Practitioner and as a Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner. Ruthi is also a certified Transpersonal Hypnotherapist and is now combining EFT and hypnotherapy to serve her clients better.
• UNC-Greensboro, BSHE in Nutrition
• UNC-Chapel Hill, MPH in Public Health Nutrition
• AAMET level 1 and 2 Training withMaster Jan Luther, January 2012
• Emotion Code Training with Bradley Nelson, May 2012
• Watkins Method EFT for Emotional Eating with Brittany Watkins, August 2012-February 2013
(Also worked for her for a year as a certified coach)
• Theta Healing Training- Basic DNA with Molly Bitner, August 2013
• Matrix Reimprinting Training with Rob Nelson, October 2013
• AHP EFT Level 3 Training with Karin Davidson, April-May 2014
• Matrix Reimprinting Training with Alina Frank and Craig Weiner, November 2014
• Tapping Out of Trauma Training with Craig Weiner and Suzanne Fageol, March 2016 Emotional First Aid Training with Jondi Whitis, August 2016
• AAMET level 1,2 and 3; Matrix Reimprinting Training with Craig Weiner and Alina Frank, September 2016
AAMET EFT Practitioner Level 1 and 2
Reiki Master Level I (this was in the early 90's; don't remember much)
Watkins Method EFT for Emotional Eating